CASE is seeking experienced Lead Teachers for the 2018 CASE Institute season.
There will be no Lead Teacher Orientation in 2018. Due to this, only experienced Lead and Master Teachers may apply. If you have not been a Lead Teacher in the past and would like to be notified when we are accepting new applications, please complete this form.
Lead Teachers have a responsibility to their institute participants and CASE to provide high-quality, well-planned professional development representative of CASE intentions. Basic responsibilities follow, but may not be inclusive of all expectations.
Lead Teacher Expectations
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Remain current with curriculum updates and revisions
- Remain current with course-related software and hardware updates
- Test and evaluate hardware and software as needed
- Pilot and submit comments on new programs or curricula when requested
- Work in collaboration with other professionals to develop and implement instructional material, curricula, and staff development opportunities
CASE Institute Facilitation
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the full scope and breadth of the specific CASE course curriculum, CASE pedagogy, and CASE philosophy
- Have subject area expertise and demonstrate excellent communication and instructional methodology skills
- Attend and participate in all CASE Lead Teacher Orientation sessions as offered
- Work collaboratively with an assigned teaching partner to develop effective instructional strategies including specific Daily Plans for the assigned CASE Institute
- Review and practice assigned CASE Institute Activities, Projects, and Problems prior to arriving at the CASE Institute
- Arrive at the CASE Institute site at least one day prior to start date to meet with the Host Site Coordinator, organize teaching materials, and prepare facilities
- Create an instructional atmosphere that is conducive to all learners
Please review the Lead Teacher Manual and performance rubric prior to beginning an application.
Lead Teacher Applications are online via SurveyGizmo. The Administrative Acknowledgement (available for download below) and letters of recommendation (for Master Teacher Promotion only) need to be scanned and ready for upload to your application. Progress can be saved and the application can be completed at a different time.
Deadline for all Lead and Master Teacher Applications is February 1, 2018.